All this running around
Trying to cover my shadow
An ocean growing inside
All the others seem shallow
It will take a while to make you smile
Somewhere in these eyes
I’m on your side
I think it’s almost new year in most parts of the world, so I’m kinda late for this top album sort of thingy.
So even if I’m late, I’m here. We’re here because we’re here, right?
Let’s get straight to our favorite albums of 2015.
2015 was once again so good for music especially for prog, indie music and dream pop.
The biggest news for the prog was, when it got it’s own Official Progressive Albums Chart endorsed by the Official Charts Company.
So for me the most important album of the year was Tame Impala’s Currents. It was like a drug doing weird things to you. You could do anything while listening to this album. It’s so effing addicting.
Easily my favorite album of 2015 without a doubt. And you know, this album is for music listeners of every genre. Lucky are the people who can identify this gemstone among so many famous shinning crap albums.
Well, the other important albums were Beach House’s Depression Cherry, which is the No.1 dream pop album of 2015 and I can say that it will be remembered as a masterpiece in the upcoming years along with none other than Tame Impala’s Currents. I’ll say it again that these both albums should be included in any music listener’s playlist.
So when I think about prog in 2015, the first thing that comes to my mind is Steven Wilson’s Hand Cannot Erase, it was a perfect album but in my mind I think of prog chart too, I also think about the upcoming most anticipated album of 2016 which is Dream Theater’s The Astonishing.
But when I think about best prog album of 2015, then four names comes to my mind and they all equally loved by me.
Well, these albums are Tame Impala’s Currents, Gazpacho’s Molok, Big Big Trains Wassail, and Riverside’s Love, Fear, And The Time Machine.
All four of them were phenomenal prog albums. Last year, Gazpacho’s Demon was one of my favorite albums and this year their album is my favorite too.
Last year my No.1 prog album was Anathema’s Distant Satellites and this year, Tame Impala’s Currents so which sort of reminded me of Distant Satellites too. Did I forget to tell you all that how good Muse’s Drones was? It was as good as their whole discography.
Anyway, here is the list of all the albums I was listening in 2015 which are from 2015.
First list of my favorite prog album:
- Tame Impala – Currents
- Gazpacho – Molok
- Big Big Train – Wassail
- Riverside – Love, Fear, And The Time Machine
- Mew – Plus Minus
- Steven Wilson – Hand Cannot Erase
- The Dear Hunter – Act IV Rebirth in Reprise
- Muse – Drones
- Between the Buried and Me – Coma Ecliptic
- King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard – Paper Mache Dream Balloon
- Coheed and Cambria – The Color Before the Sun
- Tim Bowness – Stupid Things That Mean the World
- The Aristocrats – Tres Caballeros
- Electric Light Orchestra – Alone in the Universe
- Public Service Broadcasting – The Race for Space
- Nightwish – Endless Forms Most Beautiful
- Tesseract – Polaris
- Queensryche – Condition Human
- Anekdoten – Until All The Ghosts Are Gone
- God Is an Astronaut – Helios Erebus
- Periphery – Juggernaut Alpha
- Periphery – Juggernaut Omega
- Skyharbor – Guiding Lights
- Amorphis – Under the Red Cloud
- Ciccada – The Finest of Miracle
Now list of my favorite albums from the genre of dream pop, indie, electronic and avant-garde:
- Beach House – Depression Cherry
- Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
- Half Moon Run – Sun Leads Me On
- The Indelicates – Elevator Music
- Joanna Newsom – Divers
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Multi-Love
- Bjork – Vulnicura
- Youth Lagoon – Savage Hills Ballroom
- Beach House – Thank Your Lucky Stars
- Lower Dens – Escape from Evil
- Say Lou Lou – Lucid Dreaming
- Methyl Ethel – Oh Inhuman Spectacle
- Panda Bear – Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
- Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
- Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear
- Akiine – Neptune
- New Order – Music Complete
- No Joy – More Faithful
- Sleater-Kinney – No Cities to Love
- Made in Heights – Without My Enemy What Would I Do
Also I discovered many albums for the first which are not released in 2015, here are few of these:
- La Femme – Psycho Tropical Berlin
- Mansun – Attack of the Grey Lantern
- The War on Drugs – Lost in the Dream
- Morgen – Morgen
- Philip Glass – Glassworks
- Sufjan Stevens – Illinois
- The Dismemberment Plan – Emergency & I
- Thee Oh Sees – Mutilator Defeated At Last